Six Nelson Mullins Attorneys Selected for 2016
'Who's Who Legal' in Product Liability
(July 20, 2016)–Legal publisher Law Business Research has selected six Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP partners for its Who's Who Legal: Product Liability Defence 2016 directory.
Additionally, the publication singles out David E. Dukes as among the eight U.S.-based practitioners listed as among the "most highly regarded individuals in the U.S.” in this field, according to the organization.
Based in Columbia, S.C., Mr. Dukes practices in business litigation, technology litigation, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, patent litigation, securities litigation, and coordination of national litigation. Mr. Dukes has served as president of two national lawyers organizations and currently serves on the Nelson Mullins Executive Committee.
The other Nelson Mullins attorneys listed are:
- John F. Kuppens (Columbia), a member of the Firm's Consumer Product Safety, Risk Prevention, and Regulatory Practice Group and its Consumer and Mechanical Products Litigation Group. He has experience in consumer product risk prevention and regulatory counseling, product liability litigation, commercial litigation, and state procurement matters.
- Edward W. Mullins, Jr. (Columbia), practices in the areas of product liability, business, general litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Mullins has served as president of two national lawyers organizations and serves on a number of national organization boards. He has been recognized locally and nationally for his service to the profession.
- Richard B. North, Jr. (Atlanta), practices in the areas of pharmaceutical and medical device defense, aviation law, product liability, and commercial litigation. He serves as national counsel for a medical device manufacturer in litigation involving vascular devices and urological products. He has tried cases in various courts and has also advised clients on litigation matters in international jurisdictions.
- James F. Rogers (Columbia), practices in the areas of product liability, commercial litigation, and consumer fraud actions. He primarily has been engaged in the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device companies since 1991.
- Marc E. Williams (West Virginia), who has had first chair responsibility for more than 100 jury trials and appeals in his career. His practice focuses on class actions, mass torts, product liability, toxic torts, and commercial litigation. He is a former president of both DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar and Lawyers for Civil Justice.
London-based Law Business Research surveys general counsel and private practice product liability defense lawyers to develop its listing, according to the organization.
Established in 1897, Nelson Mullins has more than 500 attorneys and government relations professionals with offices in the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia. For more information on the Firm, go to www.nelsonmullins.com.
For additional information, contact Jan Easterling, Nelson Mullins Communications Coordinator, at 800.237.2000, ext. 9794.
Any result a lawyer or a law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients. Please contact a lawyer to discuss possible representation of you and your particular matter.